What is the E-Filing System?
The E-Filing System allows registered users to file cases and documents electronically in courts participating in the program. The goal of the system is to enable attorneys and court clerks to work more efficiently by reducing the time and effort they spend managing case files, which ultimately will save them time, money and resources. Electronic filing allows subscribers to file and view cases seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
How does electronic filing benefit attorneys?
Benefits of electronic filing for attorneys include saving time, gas and money – a “going green” approach. Other benefits to using the electronic filing system include:
- Ability to file and view cases or documents outside of regular business hours.
- Electronic service to other registered users.
- Ability to receive notices, orders and judgments from the court electronically.
- Elimination of courier fees.
- Reduction of postage or overnight delivery expenses.
- Reduction of office supplies and photocopies.
- Less space needed for file rooms.
How does electronic filing benefit courts?
Courts will see benefits that include:
- Reduced file storage.
- Reduced delays in retrieving court records.
- Electronic and automated docketing and scheduling.
- Ability to view electronically filed or scanned cases anytime during the day without searching for the physical case file.
Who can use the E-Filing System
Any attorney in good standing can file a case or document via the E-Filing System. The attorney will be required to register with the courts and maintain name, address and e-mail information.
What is the Cost of the court for E-filing?
There is no cost to the court for using Image-X’s e-filing portal.